From the Cuillin to the Alps

Im off to the Matteral valley tomorrow for 10 days, weather and conditions look good so hoping to get a lot done. Plans vary from rock climbing on the Riffelhorn and running to huts to the sky-piercing Matterhorn and if I'm really lucky, the elegant Weisshorn. I thought I'd put this post up as I haven't posted in a while despite doing quite a lot since my Cuillin traverse.
Alpenglow on the Weisshorn

The Matterhorn
After my trip to Skye i was up in Sutherland for Alan's last corbett. done a fair bit of climbing up there too.

Scrambling on Stac Pollaidh
I have been on Ben Nevis quite a bit recently mostly soloing but a few weeks ago me and Steve climbed the Long Climb which is the longest face climb on the UK mainland at 420m and takes a line up the Orion face. I have also solo'd Observatory buttress and ridge, Castle ridge and down-climbed Tower ridge twice.


The Orion face

Me and Steve on the top of NE buttress after climbing the Long climb

Back in June a few of us went into the Hutchinson memorial hut for 2 nights to do some climbing. We had fantastic weather and done some routes in Coire Sputan Dearg as well as Creagan a'Choire Etchachan. Me and John finished the trip off with an ascent of Eagle Ridge on Lochnagar
An Adder

At the Hutchinson hut

Crystal Ridge


On the Talisman


Me on Violet Wall
Eagle Ridge

 I've also been out for days here and there doing walking and climbing in various places.
Leading Cairngorm club crack on Clachnaben

Tulliemet
Will post up again post alps. Thanks for looking!



Comments

Popular Posts